Human Resources Generalist, US
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Position Reports To: Vice President of Human Resources
Position Location/Territory: US
Position Objectives: The Human Resources Generalist at SMUSA will work closely with the Vice President of Human Resources n a variety of functions, including recruiting and onboarding, payroll, benefits management and administration, training and education, policies, and regulations. The ideal candidate is a high energy team player who works independently and has excellent ethics, with a proven record of meeting deadlines, a critical thinker and a problem solver by nature. An optimistic who looks at life with joy and enthusiasm would be the perfect fit.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Create onboarding plans and educate newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures and regulations.
- Create and maintain complete and confidential files on each employee and ensure that all employment requirements are met
- Assist with company benefit administration to include plan questions, claims resolution, and open enrollment
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures towards improvements in efficiency and services performed
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Possess a strong knowledge of human resources processes and best practices. • Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate personnel
- Coordinate and assist with company events
- Assist with payroll process
- Revise and update employee handbook
- Assist the Vice President of Human Resources in all aspects of the department
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Skills and/or Educational Background:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment
- Ability to work effectively on tight timetables
- Excellent time management skills with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Critical Competencies for Success:
Bachelor’s degree is a must. Human Resources or Business Administration preferred.
At least two years of Human Resource experience required.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software (Power Point and strong Excel knowledge is a must).
Must already have US worker status
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.